RACING WATCH TYPE 1 BROOKLANDS
Shipping address outside the European Union: 81,82€ (approx. $89,00 a 04/2023 )
This racing driver watch is named for the Brooklands Circuit, located in Weybridge, Surrey, near London. Its importance is that it was opened in 1907, which makes it the first permanent circuit in the world (Daytona Beach, opened in 1905 in Florida was a temporary circuit). The track was built in concrete, given the cost of asphalt, which eventually led to the appearance of bumps. Charles Rolls himself (founder of Rolls & Royce) participated in the opening ceremony driving a car in 1907.
During the Great War the circuit was seized by the British Army and was used for aircraft testing purposes. After the war, Brooklands resumed in 1920 the competitions, thanks to Sir Henry Segrave, who after his victories in the Grand Prix of France and San Sebastian driving a Sunbeam, aroused interest in car racing in Britain. In 1926 the 1st Grand Prix of Great Britain (won by a Delage) took place in Brooklands.
The splendor of Brooklands and the car races came to an end in 1939 when World War II begun. Once the races were over, they did not return, since WW2 former airfields such as Donington Park, Brands Hatch (which was a motorcycle racing circuit since the 1920s), Goodwood or Silverstone were used as racing car circuits.
The watch dial and the strap thread are "British Racing Green" in tribute to British racing and sports cars, such as Jaguar, Morgan, Bentley, Napier, Aston Martin, Austin, Sunbeam, Triumph, MG Morris, Lagonda, Cooper, Lotus...
- CASE: 100% 316L ION PLATED (IP) BLACK STAINLESS STEEL.
- CASE BACK: 100% 316L STAINLESS STEEL WITH THE BROOKLANDS CIRCUIT LAYOUT AND OPENING YEAR (1907)
- CASE MEASUREMENTS: 46 mm x 52 mm.
- WATCH THICKNESS: 13 mm.
- CROWN: 8 mm ONION SHAPED.
- WATER RESISTANT: 5 ATM
- DIAL: BRITISH RACING GREEN, WITH NUMBER 07 IN YELLOW ON BLACK. SUPERLUMINOVA HANDS AND INDICATORS. DAY/WEEK AND DAY/MONTH WHITE SUBDIALS.
- STRAP: BLACK PERFORATED RUBBER WITH BRC COLOUR STITCHING, 50% MADE FROM RECYCLED CAR TYRES.
- STRAP WIDTH: 22 mm.
- STRAP BUCKLE: BLACK ION PLATED STAINLESS STEEL.
- MOVEMENT: JAPAN SEIKO EPSON VX9P QUARTZ MOVEMENT.
- GLASS: HARDENED MINERAL DOME LENS.
- BATTERY: SONY LITHIUM (100% Hg & Cd FREE)