RACING WATCH TYPE 1 NÜRBURGRING
Shipping address outside the European Union: 81,82€ (approx. $80,00 as 10/22...
This racing watch is named after the legendary Nürburgring Circuit, located in the mountains of Eifel, in the German Rhineland-Palatinate region, and opened in 1927. Perhaps along with Monza, Indianapolis and La Sarthe-Le Mans we are talking about the most legendary circuit in the world. Currently divided into two parts, the southern track (Südschleife, 4.5 km) is currently used in Formula 1 (the last time in 2011) or the 24 Hours of Nürburgring races. The north track (Nordschleife, 20.8 km) is the so-called Grüne Hölle (Green Hell) by Jackie Stewart, and today it is a circuit open to the public where all brands test their new sport cars, so the lap time in the Nordschleife has become an important marketing element.
The winners at the Eifelrennen Race in Nürburgring have received the title of "Ringmeister", with Rudolf Caracciola being the first. Later on, legends such as Bernd Rosenmeyer, Manfred von Brauchitsch, Hermann Lang or Tazio Nuvolari followed his path, almost always on Mercedes-Benz or Auto Union cars (the famous Silberpfeile). After WW2, the new Ringmeisters were drivers like Alberto Ascari, Juan Manuel Fangio, Wolfgang von Trips, John Surtees, Stirling Moss, Jackie Stewart or Jacky Ickx. In the last Formula 1 race hosted at the Nordschleife in 1976, it happened the famous Niki Lauda accident aboard a Ferrari.
The dial and the strap stitching are yellow "Giallo Modena" in homage to Porsche, a brand that hold the lap record at 6'11" since 1983 ... until another Porsche stopped the chrono at 5'19" (yes, almost an unbelievable minute faster) in 2018. This shade of yellow is on the Stuttgart coat of arms included in the Porsche logo.
- CASE: 100% 316L ION PLATED (IP) BLACK STAINLESS STEEL.
- CASE BACK: 100% 316L STAINLESS STEEL WITH THE NÜRBURGRING CIRCUIT LAYOUT AND OPENING YEAR (1927)
- CASE MEASUREMENTS: 46 mm x 52 mm.
- WATCH THICKNESS: 13 mm.
- CROWN: 8 mm ONION SHAPED.
- WATER RESISTANT: 5 ATM
- DIAL: YELLOW "GIALLO MODENA" WITH NUMBER 27 IN RED ON WHITE. SUPERLUMINOVA HANDS AND INDICATORS. DAY/WEEK AND DAY/MONTH WHITE SUBDIALS.
- STRAP: BLACK PERFORATED RUBBER WITH YELLOW STITCHING, 50% MADE FROM RECYCLED CAR TYRES.
- STRAP WIDTH: 22 mm.
- STRAP BUCKLE: BLACK ION PLATED STAINLESS STEEL.
- MOVEMENT: JAPAN SEIKO EPSON VX9P QUARTZ MOVEMENT.
- GLASS: HARDENED MINERAL DOME LENS.
- BATTERY: SONY LITHIUM (100% Hg & Cd FREE)