RACING WATCH TYPE 1 REIMS-GUEUX
Shipping address outside the EU: 81,82€ (approx. $96,50 as 11/20 )
This racing driver watch is named for the Circuit de Reims-Gueux, located 5 km from Reims, between Thillois and Gueux. The circuit, opened in 1926, hosted the Grand Prix of France in 1938 organized by the Automobile Club de France and the first French Formula 1 race in 1950. In total 14 Formula 1 races took place in Reims, the last one in 1966. The circuit was closed due to financial problems in 1972.
A large part of the stands and the track are still visible. In this circuit all the great pilots of the interwar period won, such as the French drivers Louis Chiron and Jean-Pierre Wimille, the Italian Tazio Nuvolari or the German Manfred von Brauchitsch. After World War II, Alberto Ascari, Juan Manuel Fangio, Jim Clark, Jack Brabham, Stirling Moss, Bruce McLaren, Graham Hill ... all them won in both Formula 1 or other races hosted in Reims-Gueux.
The watch dial and the strap stitching are Bleu de France (Blue of France) in tribute to French racing cars built by Bugatti, Talbot-Lago, Delage, Amilcar, Delahaye or Lorraine-Dietrich.
- CASE: 100% 316L ION PLATED (IP) BLACK STAINLESS STEEL.
- CASE BACK: 100% 316L STAINLESS STEEL WITH THE REIMS-GUEUX CIRCUIT LAYOUT AND OPENING YEAR (1926)
- CASE MEASUREMENTS: 46 mm x 52 mm.
- WATCH THICKNESS: 13 mm.
- CROWN: 8 mm ONION SHAPED.
- WATER RESISTANT: 5 ATM
- DIAL: "BLEU DE FRANCE" OR BLUE OF FRANCE WITH NUMBER 26 IN WHITE OVER BLACK. SUPERLUMINOVA HANDS AND INDICATORS. DAY/WEEK AND DAY/MONTH WHITE SUBDIALS.
- STRAP: BLACK PERFORATED RUBBER WITH BLUE STITCHING, 50% MADE FROM RECYCLED CAR TYRES.
- STRAP WIDTH: 22 mm.
- STRAP BUCKLE: BLACK ION PLATED STAINLESS STEEL.
- MOVEMENT: JAPAN SEIKO EPSON VX9P QUARTZ MOVEMENT.
- GLASS: HARDENED MINERAL DOME LENS.
- BATTERY: SONY LITHIUM (100% Hg & Cd FREE)