RACING WATCH TYPE 1 MONZA
Shipping address outside the European Union: 81,82€ (approx. $80,00 as 10/2022 )
This racing car driver watch is named after the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, a circuit located about 20 km from Milan (Italy), and opened in 1922. That same year Monza hosted the 2nd Italian Granx Prix. Glory and tragedy (as the well known accident of Wolfgang von Tripp in 1961) happened in this racetrack. The famous "ovalo" was used in 1969 for the last time. In Monza drivers such as Juan Manuel Fangio, Alberto Ascari, Rudolf Caracciola, Giuseppe Farina, Tazio Nuvolari, Bernd Rosenmeyer, Stirling Moss, Jim Clark or Jackie Stewart got legendary victories.
The Monza racing car driver watch has a Rosso Corsa (racing red) dial paying tribute to Italian car makers (scuderie) such as Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, O.S.C.A. or Lancia.
- CASE: 100% 316L ION PLATED (IP) BLACK STAINLESS STEEL.
- CASE BACK: 100% 316L STAINLESS STEEL WITH THE MONZA CIRCUIT LAYOUT AND OPENING YEAR (1922)
- CASE MEASUREMENTS: 46 mm x 52 mm.
- WATCH THICKNESS: 13 mm.
- CROWN: 8 mm ONION SHAPED.
- WATER RESISTANT: 5 ATM
- DIAL: "ROSSO CORSA" OR RACING RED WITH NUMBER 22 IN BLACK. SUPERLUMINOVA HANDS AND INDICATORS. DAY/WEEK AND DAY/MONTH SUBDIALS.
- STRAP: BLACK PERFORATED RUBBER WITH LIGHT RED STITCHING, 50% MADE FROM RECYCLED CAR TYRES.
- STRAP WIDTH: 22 mm.
- STRAP BUCKLE: BLACK ION PLATED STAINLESS STEEL.
- MOVEMENT: JAPAN SEIKO EPSON VX9P QUARTZ MOVEMENT.
- GLASS: HARDENED MINERAL DOME LENS.
- BATTERY: SONY LITHIUM (100% Hg & Cd FREE)