RACING WATCH TYPE 1 AVUS BERLIN
Shipping address outside the European Union: 81,82€ (approx. $80,00 as 10/2022 )
This racing driver watch is named after the AVUS BERLIN (Automobil Verkehrs und Übungs Straße), a circuit opened in 1921 on the outskirts of Berlin which is currently part of the A115 Autobahn. In this racetrack that hosted the first German Grand Prix in 1926 and the Formula 1 German Grand Prix in 1959 (with Ferrari on the three steps of the podium), drove and won drivers as Rudolf Caracciola, Tazio Nuvolari or Bernd Rosenmeyer.
The AVUS Berlin racing car driver watch has a "Silberpfeil" or Silver Arrow dial paying tribute to Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union (now Audi) racing cars that broke records here.
- CASE: 100% 316L ION PLATED (IP) BLACK STAINLESS STEEL.
- CASE BACK: 100% 316L STAINLESS STEEL WITH THE AVUS BERLIN CIRCUIT LAYOUT AND OPENING YEAR (1921)
- CASE MEASUREMENTS: 46 mm x 52 mm.
- WATCH THICKNESS: 13 mm.
- CROWN: 8 mm ONION SHAPED.
- WATER RESISTANT: 5 ATM
- DIAL: LIGHT SILVER GREY ("SILBERPFEIL" OR SILVER ARROW) WITH NUMBER 21 IN RED. SUPERLUMINOVA HANDS AND INDICATORS. DAY/WEEK AND DAY/MONTH SUBDIALS.
- STRAP: BLACK PERFORATED RUBBER WITH LIGHT GREY STITCHING, 50% MADE FROM RECYCLED CAR TYRES.
- STRAP WIDTH: 22 mm.
- STRAP BUCKLE: BLACK ION PLATED STAINLESS STEEL.
- MOVEMENT: JAPAN SEIKO EPSON VX9P QUARTZ MOVEMENT.
- GLASS: HARDENED MINERAL DOME LENS.
- BATTERY: SONY LITHIUM (100% Hg & Cd FREE)